Monday, November 24, 2014

Monday, November 24

What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Do you have any traditions? Go in to detail about your plans for the 5 day weekend.

For Thanksgiving and Easter, we switch off every other year with what side of the family we celebrate with. For example, this year we will be going to Jeff City to celebrate Thanksgiving with my dad's side, and then we will stay here with my mom's side for Easter, and then next year it will switch. We leave for Jeff City on Wednesday, and it's about a three hour drive, so it's not too bad.  We stay at my grandparent's house, which I have to say is awesome because it's gigantic and super fun.  On my dad's side, there are thirteen cousins and they are all girls, so spending time with my dad's side is so much fun.  In my grandparent's house, the grand kids have their own room, and it has three beds in it; one for me and one for each of my sisters. We get the beds because my other cousins all live in Jeff City, so if they sleepover at my grandparents, they're stuck on the floor.  My two oldest cousins and I also go hardcore Black Friday shopping. We wake up around four a.m., and get tons of stuff. To be honest, I like my dad's side a lot better because my mom just has a sister that is six years older than her, and she has twins that are twenty-three and a son that is twenty-five, so it's not as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment