Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tuesday, October 14

Below is a letter written to the editor who wrote the article 'Enforcement of dress code creates negative effect' that your blogged about last week. Most of you wrote on your blog that you agreed with the writer. What are your thoughts after reading the letter below and seeing a different perspective. Are they the same? Are the different? Do you agree? Disagree? Explain yourself.



The perspective is different, and I don't disagree, but I don't agree either.  I agree with certain points that were made in this letter, and I agree with certain points in the article because I see where both views are coming from.  I agree with the point this letter made about any teacher, whether they know the student or not, can tell you to follow the Blue Valley High School rules, but the rules were taken a little too far; for example, the 'thumb rule' is not necessary.  Everyone's arms are different lengths, so I think that as long as you can't see anything hanging out of the bottom of the shorts, they are fine to wear to school.  I disagree with the whole "there's a time and place for certain attire" comment because I think that if a student feels most comfortable wearing spaghetti straps then why can't they?  Shoulders don't distract boys from learning because everyone has shoulders, and everyone's shoulders look the same.  I understand where you are coming from when you say that we shouldn't wear short shorts to school, but teachers tell the students to change when the shorts cover everything. I think the dress code is a good thing so students don't get out of hand, but it should be a little less strict. 

No comments:

Post a Comment